10. General Maintenance Tips
Lotus Epoxy can withstand a great deal of foot and vehicle traffic. If the surface is regularly cleaned and maintained properly, the Lotus Epoxy LSE Coating should last between 3 to 5 times more durable than normal epoxy & Polyurethane on any hard surface (Interior / Exterior).
Immediately After Installation
• Keep everyone off the floor for the first 24 hours.
• Keep heavy objects or vehicles off for the first 72 hours.
• It will take the epoxy floor seven days to fully cure. We recommend that you do not scrub or wash your floor during the first seven days.
• Wipe up spills as soon as possible to avoid any potential staining.
• Sweep up dry dirt and stones on a regular basis which over time can scratch the topcoat.
• Keep the floor clean by washing with general purpose cleaner to extend life of coating.
• For rough textured surfaces, scrub with a bristle brush and a general purpose cleaning solution to dislodge the dirt. After cleaning, the floor should be rinsed with a hose to prevent the dirt from resettling on the floor.
Proactively Protect Surface (For Floor)
When moving objects across your floor such as furniture, workbenches, or heavy objects, lay cardboard or wood panelling on the floor as a protective barrier to protect against scratching or gouging your newly coated floor.
Place a walk off mat at door entrances to reduce the amount of dirt brought into your home.